Thursday, September 15, 2011

War of WIPs Call to Arms #9



Want to join the war?? Check out the 2011 War of WIPs page.

In addition to finishing WIPs, there will be optional side quests to organize your knitting life! Check out the War of WIPs page for more information!



The Coriolis socks were completed last week!!!


I've been working on the Celeano Shawl, I have 12 more rows as of this picture taken Monday. The last 7 rows, every other row, has a lot of beads!




I have also been working on the Baby Surprise Jacket, which is not on this list, but needs to be done before the 25th so someone can give it as a shower gift.



Next Battles on the Horizon:

Bat Shawl Vanquished 8/27/11
Celeano Shawl 9/30/11
Niantic Rose Shawl 9/30/11
Ribband
Coriolis Socks Vanquished 9/8/11
Nugatory Socks
February Lady Sweater
Derek's Scarf
Reversible Cable Scarf
Saroyan
Icarus Shawl
Stenciling storage boxes
Hummingbird Cross Stitch

**Optional Side Quest**

September 3-17
Organize your Knitting Pattern Queue

What is your knitting pattern queue? Do you use Ravelry? Do you have a notebook? Do you have patterns downloaded and saved on your computer?

Here's your chance to organize these listings and create a plan of attack for the future. Do you have yarn in your stash for some of the projects, do you want to attack those first? Are these patterns organized by type - socks, sweaters, scarves, etc?

My queue on Ravelry was originally a place where I put anything that caught my fancy. What I would like it to be is something where I put things I will actually knit in the near future or have yarn on hand for. So I have been going through and favorite those things that I want to keep tabs on, but maybe will never knit or things I may knit, but not anytime soon.




Join the war here:

8 comments:

Typstatting said...

Love the shawl can't wait to see it finished the socks are really colourful.

Calophi said...

It looks like your Mr Linky is being difficult, so I'm popping in my link here:

Calophi: Rip It Good

pinkundine said...

I really love those socks :)

Alyssa said...

That shawl is gorgeous! :) I love the flowers!

geeky Heather said...

Love the colors on those socks, and that shawl is going to be awesome!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looks like you're making good progress!

kathy b said...

I admire the list! Im pretty monogamous knitter so the list is never more than 3 items long...
Currently:
Reclamation Shawl
and a red hat for my son
that is IT

Melanie said...

Love the socks!!!! :)

I'd be lost without Ravelry. I'm not the most intuitive knitter so I *always* appreciate digging around other people's projects to gain tips/yarn substitutions, etc.