Saturday, November 29, 2014

Master Knitting Level 1 Vol. 12

Final Submission

I've got everything printed out and ready to go.  All written work is complete, all swatches are knit and blocked and labeled.  I've checked all references (to make sure anything I cited is indeed listed as a reference).


The program required 17 swatches and a mitten.  Each swatch is accompanied by a page in the binder with cited references for the techniques, some required writing instructions or a paragraph about the technique.  One swatch required writing a pattern so that another knitter could make the swatch.

A 2-4 page report on blocking and care of hand knits with references.

22 questions answered and cited; some questions having 2-5 sub questions.

I gave myself a deadline of 6 months to complete this Level of the program.  I received my instruction packet on 6/8/14 ... and its done as of 11/28/14!!  I took two fairly large breaks where I didn't do any additional work on the program (4-6 weeks).

I did not keep up on blogging about it - mainly because I took all the photos of the swatches on the same day, LOL!

I learned a tremendous amount.  Especially about tension and different increase and decrease techniques.  I've never had any real issues with tension in my knitting, but I still learned some techniques to improve it.

Ravelry Project Page

You can see all the posts on this topic on the blog by clicking the TKGA Level 1 tag below or searching for it in the box above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting finished. :-)

elns said...

Nicely done! Thanks for taking us along :)