Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Mine Sweater

OMG this is my first finish of 2012!!!  This is a sweater I knit for my mom for a shower gift.  A woman she works with is a grandma to be.


This is the Baby Mine Sweater by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.


It is a simple, but beautiful lace pattern.  Which I managed to mess up by not reading the pattern stitch definitions, but doing what I thought they should be. Once I figured this out, I just continued on the sleeves with the incorrect method and changed over to the correct method on the body.  I don't think anyone would be the wiser if I didn't point it out.


I had some buttons, perfect for this project in my stash.


The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Sport in Passionfruit (discontinued color).

This is a pattern I would knit again and again (hopefully correctly).

6 comments:

Dee said...

Precious! I love that you made it in a nice bright color. I'm sure Moms get tired of baby pink.

It's pink, but a more modern version of pink. Great choice.

pinkundine said...

It's gorgeous :) Love the colour, much more fun than usual pastel baby colours.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So cute! Another one to add to the queue!

Kathleen said...

I want one of these in big-girl size! Lovely colour, and what a pretty design---and the sleeve/body lace unintentional design change doesn't show up to the naked eye, it looks fabulous. An excellent gift. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colour and great pattern
Margaret

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

So pretty, and congrats on your first FO of the year!