Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Mine Sweater

OMG this is my first finish of 2012!!!  This is a sweater I knit for my mom for a shower gift.  A woman she works with is a grandma to be.


This is the Baby Mine Sweater by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.


It is a simple, but beautiful lace pattern.  Which I managed to mess up by not reading the pattern stitch definitions, but doing what I thought they should be. Once I figured this out, I just continued on the sleeves with the incorrect method and changed over to the correct method on the body.  I don't think anyone would be the wiser if I didn't point it out.


I had some buttons, perfect for this project in my stash.


The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Sport in Passionfruit (discontinued color).

This is a pattern I would knit again and again (hopefully correctly).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! I love that you made it in a nice bright color. I'm sure Moms get tired of baby pink.

It's pink, but a more modern version of pink. Great choice.

pinkundine said...

It's gorgeous :) Love the colour, much more fun than usual pastel baby colours.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So cute! Another one to add to the queue!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colour and great pattern
Margaret

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

So pretty, and congrats on your first FO of the year!