I accomplished quite a bit in 2015. The above collage doesn't even have everything in it!
Here's a quick breakdown of the crafting:
- Clearly you can see 2015 was the year for stuffies!
- I participated in 2 very cool swaps - had fun making up packages for recipients and received some great packages myself!
- I participated in the Danger group Traveling Monsters.
- I spun only a little, but I got pretty good at supported spinning and I learned ply on the fly on the Turkish Spindle and even made a video tutorial.
- I started Sophie's Universe and learned a ton of crochet.
- I passed Level 1 of the Knitting Guild Association Master Hand Knitting Program.
- I released 4 knitting patterns! I came up with a logo and new pattern template for my designs.
In life, I was hired at another department (911 Police Dispatcher) and make more money and its an easier and more pleasant place to work all around. I really do like my job and its the first one in my life (even at the other dept.) that I've never come home and complained about.
I purchased a new (to me) truck. That's bigger, has leather interior and everything WORKS (like heat and 4-wheel drive - which no longer worked in my old one, which also had an anti-freeze and gas leak and the bed was rotting off and ... and ... the problem list went on and on).
Although I loved it dearly and it never left me stranded - it was time for it to go to that big junk yard in the sky. RIP little black beast.
I got to see my sister Jess who was up from Florida (my dad retired a few years ago and the girls are much younger than me and they moved down with my dad and step mom).
And later in the year I got to see my sister Ashley who was up from Florida!
I got to see one of my childhood favorite movies enhanced and on the big screen.
And I met the author of the book and got my book signed.
My best friend, Nikoh, had to have 5 teeth removed. We adopted him when he was 7 months old - he's now 7 years old. He's always had bad teeth and they were starting to become an issue with him not eating and obviously bothered and in pain. He recovered wonderfully and he's (only a little) more of a pain in the butt than he always was. He's a very smart cat and gets into EVERYTHING ... including opening the bathroom door while the bathroom is occupied .. by me. I understand the oral issues - I myself had a seriously degraded molar that required a root canal earlier in the year and my front tooth broke and needed to be fixed up a few weeks ago.
I finally got back to one of my passions on a regular basis - READING! I read a ton this year. It also helped that I got the new job - where I can actually read at work because its not such a crazy, busy place.
There were of course trials and tribulations this year as well ... but let's not talk about those! On to 2016!!!