Sunday, December 7, 2014

FO: Massive Granny Square

This was improvised from another pattern.  I know how to make crochet stitches ... but I wouldn't say I know how to crochet (like knowing how to make a knit stitch vs how to make a sock or sweater).  So I wanted an easy project to brush up on my crochet skills.



Yarn: Lion Brand Hometown USA 100% Acrylic Super Bulky
Hooks: 10mm and 6.5mm
Cast On: 11/23/14
Finished: 12/5/14


Its 48" square ... perfect size for me (5'3") and it was a super fast project.  Probably would have been done quicker if 1) I didn't run out of light grey yarn and have to go back to the store twice until it was restocked and 2) its so bulky it hurt my wrist to work on it for extended periods of time.

4 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Very pretty color combo. I've made baby blankets/play mats this way, just one super-granny. Don't have to worry about the joining coming undone. Sorry about your wrist pain, I gave up crochet after over 30 years because of pain in my thumb. Strangely, it was the thumb of my off hand, which was holding the fabric, not the hand holding the hook. I made a pdf showing a way I "created" to join squares, I'd be happy to send to you if you're interested?

Anonymous said...

Pretty color combo.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love granny square blankets.. I really should figure out how to make one one of these days

elns said...

Whoa. Thats large. Please don't make me wonder if I could do this. I'm backlogged ;)

Love the colors.