Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Hand Spun: Into the Whirled Corriedale

My first Tour de Fleece success! I wanted to spin thicker, so this was a challenge. It took about 4 hours to spin and 2 hours to ply. I was pleased with the results and the final yarn.


And I definitely hit my goal - its BULKY!!! At 7 WPI I exceeded my expectations of Worsted weight if I was lucky. Its consistent and the final yarn is balanced!!


Into the Whirled
Corriedale 4 oz
Ashford Traveller Sliding Hook Flyer
Singles S 7.5; Plied Z 5.5
Bulky 3-ply (chain plied)
110 yds

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That color mix is GORGEOUS! Congrats on getting it just the way you wanted.

Bridget said...

What a beautiful result! I would love to try spinning sometime.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That looks nice and squooshy!

elns said...

Very nice! I love the police box too hehe.