Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FO: Baby Blanket

All in all I was happy with the final result. I don't think I'd make a blanket with cotton yarn again, it was heavy, hurt my hands to knit with and pulled the second half from the weight. Washing and drying it took care of a lot of the wonky shape.


I started this project to use up some left over yarn from a baby sweater. I wanted to try diagonal knitting.


I ended up having to buy more green and red yarn ... so this wasn't exactly a stash busting project!


Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease
Pattern: My Own
Needles: US 8

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I think it's still stash busting; after all, you have less or none now which is way less than you had before!

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

That turned out cute!

Beadknitter said...

Oh, it turned out beautiful!

rachel said...

Cotton can definitely be a pain to work with, but this turned out lovely, and I really like the colors you chose.

Lion Brand makes another cotton yarn that's impossibly soft - Nature's Choice Organic Cotton. Maybe give it a try sometime!

autumngeisha said...

Love how this turned out. Great combination of colors. Kntting with cotton in small doses is fun, but I agree with the pain involved when using it in larger projects.