Saturday, February 14, 2015

March of the Penguin


I am not a huge fan of seaming (who is?!?!) and this guy had quite a bit.  Don't forget I also kitchenered the top of the body and the bottom of the wings previously.  

I can seam quite well, but that's because I take the time to do it right (part of why I don't like it, it takes sooo long).  He's got 2 side seams and a bottom seam, then the top of the wings I seamed, then sewed on, then his feet are sewed on and his beak and his eyes are sewed on with sewing thread ..... uuugghhhh!!!!

But he's done now and all that's left is his scarf which I am about half way through.  

I was surprised to figure out, he took 517 yds of yarn.  Not including his scarf.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and well worth all that seaming!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

He's cute! Totally worth the work!

Kat said...

He looks absolutely amazing!

kathy b said...

that is an awesome penguin. I am surprised at the yardage too!

elns said...

He turned out great!! Wow, great job!