Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Fun Day at the Farmers' Market

For the last 3 years we've been meeting our friends in February for the Farmers' Market at a garden center about an hour away. Its a nice break from the cold and snow of winter to be inside a greenhouse full of sun and warmth and GREEN, GREEN plants.  We always pick one of the Fiber Days ... just for me ...when there are local yarn and fiber vendors as well as the food and other goodies.

Good haul this year (since last year I was unemployed) ...

I got 2 4-ounce bags of fiber from Foxhill Farm.  I also have 2 4-ounce in my stash from the previous year ...



Then I couldn't resist this colorway and it was the last one of its kind out on the rack ...


I've been on the look out for plying balls for my supported spindles, dryer balls do the trick and my friend wanted them for dryer balls, so we got the 4 for $18 deal and split them ...


And this ridiculously delicious smelling tea came home too, with an infuser and some lavender.  This vendor was selling Cranberry Lavender Lemonade and it was BEYOND delicious!!  We also had lunch there, I got seafood chowder and one raspberry and one tiramisu cannoli, with chocolate chips of course.


My husband found the best gift for his parents.  They live up in the mountains where there are bears ... my father-in-law and I get along famously ... we're both grumpy.  I guess its a rule not to sit in his chair at the table ... well I did and guess what ... didn't get kicked out.  Anyone else ... no way!!!


And, since we've been there before, I knew they had some awesome Koi ponds and I had just finished the mitts for a pattern I've been working on.  So the night before I did my nails up in a coordinating color and we got some awesome shots!


And Mr. Penguin is now in his new home (they sent me a photo when they got home) ...



3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the mitts! Perfect setting!
And Mr. Penguin looks right at home in his new digs.

Leah said...

Love the oranges of those mitts! Good match with the nails / fish.

elns said...

What a score! Your trip to the market sounds so fun and delicious too. Is it just me or does that colorway you picked out totally match/compliment your blog? ha!

I love the mitts picture. What colorway is that?!?