Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Beginnings ...

The Fall always feels like the start to a new year to me. I'm energized, productive and rearing to go. There are several things I would like to change in my life at this time:

1) I'm always late ... and being late means typically that I'm frazzled because I know I am late and I forget things, or don't do things I wanted to because I didn't have time, etc. I like to get up in the morning and have my coffee and browse the web ... not rush like a lunatic around the house freakin out, LOL!

2) I think fixing #1 would fix a lot of other things. Like paying bills (not just knowing that a bill is due soon ... but knowing where the bill is), making it to the bank, grocery shopping consistently and re-stocking before out of things (like we shop because we're out of toilet paper ... not because we know we will be soon).

3) We cleaned the house this weekend. I would love to be at a point where things were on auto-pilot and I could finally get to the cobwebs in the corners because everything else was already done ... yeah I know that's asking a lot. How about no dishes in the sink when I go to bed and sorting mail each day so it doesn't pile up and be all over the place (see #2).

I'm pretty sure that pets think we get new furniture solely for them!


"Why did they put this TV on my new sleeping spot?!?!"


Here's a glimpse of the yarn I dyed up this weekend (5 different skeins).


Tomorrow the Knitters' Guild starts up again. Have to come prepared with 200 yds of sport weight yarn if we want to start the group project at the meeting. Luckily I found something in my stash ... still have to wind it before I go to bed or tomorrow morning ... again, see #1 ...

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

That orange yarn is delicious! It makes my mouth water.

Alyssa said...

Don't stress too much about it - sometimes, I think being late to do things is a good thing, but that's usually because I am ANAL about getting things done on time. It causes me a HUGE amount of stress! Maybe you could do something like use a direct debit to pay bills, and keep a whiteboard on the fridge with a running total of what you're almost out of?

P.S. <3 <3 Yarn.