Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Update 8-21-11


Last weekend we tied the knot! It was a beautiful day. Lots of friends and family there to share in the fun.

We were married at his parents' house up in the mountains. We stayed at a hotel close by. The next morning we went to breakfast with friends who stayed at the same hotel. During the meal, I noticed on the placemat an ad for a yarn shop. Of course I had to stop there!


Frolicking Feet in Mandarin Lime 100% Superwash Merino and Miss Babs Yummy in Spring Tulip 100% Merino Wool.

After that we went back to his parents' to pick up all our stuff and my dog and we sat and hung out for a while. They get so many Hummers there!




There aren't any pictured but we got to see some males. We only get one female at a time at home ... and I'm pretty sure its the same bird, LOL!

I learned a few things recently. I'm pretty crafty, and I do well mixing colors. I have a lot of stash yarn ... I stop counting sock yarns when I get to 100. My house needs work, I need dental work ... I don't need to buy yarn. I have plenty and I don't need to hoard it until I find the "perfect" pattern and let yarn sit on the shelf while I purchase more. Plus if it really doesn't go witht the pattern I can just rip it and reclaim it.

You're all witnesses to this ... NO MORE YARN for the rest of the year. There are two exceptions. I told a friend I would knit her fingerless mitts and she wants alpaca. I don't have that in my stash. The other exception is I have my Rockin' Socks Club coupon for this year - so I get to use it and that may be a $150 purchase. OK there are three exceptions ... gift cards are free money. I can buy yarn with gift cards at any time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes --- I didn't know you were getting married! WOW!

Glad you had a wonderful day AND you got yarn. Sounds like a big win/win!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Congratulations! Looks like the weather held and all went well. And a yarn shop too!

Alyssa said...

Congrats! Gorgeous pictures of hummingbirds :)

Typstatting said...

Congratulations! Lovely Hummingbirds and I do love the yarn!

geeky Heather said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day! Best wishes to you and congratulations to your groom (this is a Southern tradition I learned...you tell the groom "congratulations" on his fabulous good luck to get such a wonderful woman, but you don't imply the woman needed luck to snag a great guy...so simply, "Best wishes" on the marriage. The hubby says it should be "Good luck" dealing with him, LOL!)

But he sounds like a good guy who let you go yarn shopping on your honeymoon. ;) Good luck with the stash diet!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Congratulations! Here's to many happy years together!

autumngeisha said...

Congratulations! It sounded like a lovely wedding. What a beautiful picture of your two hands. I hope that you post some pictures of your wedding outfit, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Best wishes for your future together.

Anonymous said...

so many congrats to you and the hubs. :) and i'm also trying to lay off of the yarn shopping for the rest of the year - support group!