Monday, August 30, 2010

Eeek! Its almost Fall!!

1. Diane's Gloves - need thumb an ends woven in. 1/15/10
2. Derek's scarf - needs to be completed.
3. Leyburn socks - second leg needs finishing. 1/14/10
4. Toe up socks - second heel and leg needs to be completed. 1/25/10
5. Cable bottom up sweater
6. Reversible Cable Scarf
7. Blanket square
8. Lavitan Mittens
9. Bat Shawl
10. Christmas Stocking
11. Baby Blanket
12. Drawstring Bag

I picked the cabled bottom up sweater back up now that the time to wear it is almost upon us and its going well. I am over half way done the second sleeve.

Derek's scarf needs some serious attention before snow comes!

I was hoping to have the bat shawl done for this Halloween, but not sure if that's going to work out.

I would like to also have the baby blanket done by Oct. so I can give it to a coworkers who's wife is due then.

And the Christmas list:

1. Joe gloves
2. Diane's stocking

If I don't keep these items in my mind they will be forgotten!

Not sure if I am going to dye this weekend, was thinking there may not be too many nice days to dye outside for much longer.

Got a drop spindle, got to spinning, I can spin ... just not well, LOL!! A coworker who knits and I signed up for a class at the end of Sept.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Where does time go?!?!

Where does the time go? I thought I posted just a week ago and its been over four now! Yikes ... which also means Summer is near an end. I love Fall, but I do not like Winter, so I don't really enjoy seeing Summer go.

Here's the yarn I dyed a while back that I mentioned in my last post. All came out very good. The far left was something similar to a colorway I saw online that I was trying to work on mixing colors to get the color I want, for example, the yellow straight from the jar is a vibrant, bright sun yellow. I muted it down a bit with purple (its complement on the color wheel) to get the yellow I was looking for.

The middle was a way to use up some excess dye I was storing and came out a lot better than I thought it would once it was set.

The far right is Red Eyed Tree Frog. The red wasn't actually how I intended, but I do like it and I got the idea from using the colors of tree frogs. I used much more green than the other colors since the frogs are primarily green. I am curious to see how it'll knit up.

I've been working on the Icarus Shawl. I had to stop for a few weeks when I installed a new dining room floor and really did a job on my neck. I couldn't turn my head at all for about a week and then only minimally for the next two. So knitting was out, it caused more pain. Other than that, I managed to get this much done:

I've put the shawl aside for a little while since I have another two repeats of the same thing I've been doing this entire time while it keeps growing and growing and I picked the February Lady Sweater back up now that its not in the 90s and humid ... oh its still humid, but more like 70s, so I can deal with the wool of the sweater.

Here are the Buns ... finally figured out we got a boy and girl ... so the boy will have to be fixed when old enough ... which may be really soon considering the way he's acting with her ... ah hem.