Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday



Check out other WIP Wednesday blogs here!

In reality I have several WIPs on the needles at the moment ... but I need to get to bed soon and don't have time to take all those photos. So I am just posting the WIPs that I've been actively working on this week.


These are just some simple socks, but they have been on the needles forever. I kept them in my truck for a while for "emergency" knitting where I would just get a few rows done while I was waiting for someone in a parking lot or if I took a break at work and went outside for some fresh air. I'd like to finish them up though. I started them last April.



This scarf I started about a year after I learned to knit and then it sat for a long time not being worked on. I think when I was new to knitting the prospect of a 77" scarf was a little much for me when it was only a few inches long. Now that I've completed entire sweaters, its not that big of a deal. I've been working it a couple of inches here and there. I would like it to be done this winter - its been in the works since August 2007.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color on your easy socks. Very pretty.

autumngeisha said...

That's a great idea to have an emergency knitting project in the car. I might put one of my UFO's in the dashboard and work on it. Then maybe eventually it will be done! I really like the colors of your scarf. Hope you can get it finished soon.

fleegle said...

I always have an emergency project in the car, too :)

Pretty socks!

Now that you mention it, beaded nupps do seem to be, um, a bit over the top.

Paula said...

Ooh! Thanks for feeding my love of stripes. :) I love the yarn you're using for the socks -- it reminds me of the beach. And it looks like you're on the home stretch. Bonus!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like that sock yarn. Very pretty.

It's funny how your perception of projects changes over time isn't it. I'm sure you'll get the scarf done soon :)

Marushka C. said...

It's nice to have some straightforward projects that you can haul around with you & pick up now and then without having to decipher the whole thing every time. Sometimes when I go back to something that's been on the needles for awhile, I'm surprised to see how much I've improved at knitting since I last worked on it.

Unknown said...

I had a pair of socks I carried around for a couple years for waiting room knitting.