Wednesday, January 12, 2011

February in January

Well since it was a snow day, I figured I get some knitting done. I started this February Lady Sweater back in May of last year, and while it should be a quick knit, I don't know what it is about this one that's so difficult. Its not really, is the thing. The lace pattern is extremely simple, but I mess it up every other row. Then I have to tink back for a few inches and knit it correctly, then I do it all again the next time.

Also, for some heinous reason, I decided to knit it on bamboo needles. The yarn is sticking to it really bad and it makes for really slow knitting. At this point its too late to change needles, I'm afraid my gauge will change.



Time for another skein. And through the magic and wonder of the internet, here it is now wound up and ready to go ...



I tried it on briefly to see how long I want to make it and it is actually a little tight ... hoping once I wash and block it and it has sleeves that it works out OK. I checked my gauge and that is on. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Sue said...

It will be well worth the effort. (That is what I keep telling myself about Boneyard. lol) Do you use lifelines? They can help sometimes.

Unknown said...

I'm having the same problem with the lace row of Ice Queen.

Not much more to go it looks like and you'll reap the reward of persevering.

I don't care for bamboo needles just for that reason.

Delusional Knitter said...

Well I didn't think it was that complicated, its not like its a shawl with 100s of stitches, LOL! It is easy to rip out and reknit, the yarn is worsted weight ... as a matter of fact, after I posted this I noticed a mistake 20 or so rows down and RIP ... out it all came ....

Ziggyeor said...

oh no! See I thought I would learn to crochet one year and I decided nope that's too many hobbies! Scrolling down and seeing your shelves full of yarn. Imagine that full of scrap booking and that's most of my room. With a few cross-stitch thrown around but most of it stuffed in a tub in the closet. Also in a bag on the top shelf :p I hope you get the shawl done well and that it turns out! My poor friend just knitted a beautiful sweater and the darn thing is much too big!

Bubblesknits said...

I've heard that it stretches out a good bit, so it should be okay once you soak it. : ) Love the color you're using!