Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What I learned during Tour de Fleece

For starters I learned TdF is like one big spinning festival and there's lots of eye candy and lots of opportunities to get more spindles and more spindles ...  I stopped counting, but I've added quite a few to my stash this month.

I also learned that if you are navajo plying with a tensioned bobbin, trying to finish 100s of yards on the last day of TdF and your fingers hurt ... you might wants to stop and check ... the yarn is CUTTING you (this is 2 days later).


But I have a 400 yd skein of 3-ply fingering weight yarn.


I taught myself how to Ply on the Fly and made a video tutorial for others.  It really is a cool technique.


I learned how to spin supported.  This is a work in progress, but its getting better every time I practice.


And its good that its getting better ... because I might have purchased a few spindles ...


And there might be a few more coming in the mail...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make beautiful yarn!!! :-)

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

beautiful though... ouch