Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tour de Fleece - Day 3


Today I decided not to fight the fiber.  I was trying to spin this batt on my Tibetan spindle and it really is not the best choice of fiber or preparation to do that.  So I moved it onto a wheel.  It wanted to be much thicker and have more air in it than I was getting on the spindle.  I was also loosing the pops of color trying to spin it on the spindle.  The colored fibers are a much different fiber and staple length and just have to be allowed to JUMP in where they want.

I was much happier letting it do its thing.

3 comments:

elns said...

I think I understood that! I'm not a spinner, but I love seeing the before (fiber) and the after (yarn) photos. It seems difficult to make yarn consistent. thanks for letting me gawk through your pics.

kathy b said...

I love to see your spins!! An announcer just said we could have found 10 guys sitting in chairs putting more effort into the Germany Brazil game..
OUCH. I had to share that

kathy b said...

I love to see your spins!! An announcer just said we could have found 10 guys sitting in chairs putting more effort into the Germany Brazil game..
OUCH. I had to share that