Friday, July 4, 2014

Prepping for Tour de Fleece

Tomorrow is the start of Tour de Fleece, an annual spinning challenge on Ravelry that coincides with the Tour de France.

I've got lots of plans for this year!


Team Loop
Loop Bump on the Traveller, navajo plied.



Team Turk
Finishing up the white fiber to ply with the rainbow batt that I spun up.  Plying on the larger spindle.



Team Into the Whirled
I'm going to spin up this fiber and try plying on the fly for a navajo ply.



Team Threads Thru Time
I'm going to spin up this batt on my new Tiny Threads Thru Time spindle.



Team Support Spindlers
I am going to ATTEMPT to spin up this batt on this Tibetan spindle ... this will be a challenge and a new spinning technique for me.


The only one I really plan on completing during the Tour (July 5th - 27th) is the Loop fiber, all the other ones are new techniques or I chose to practice and refine skills with certain tools.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

That's a lot of spinning...good luck..