Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Spinning

I got back to spinning today. I can't believe how much is still on the bobbins to be plied. I'm sure it would be less if I actually sat and spun once in a while!


I'm pretty sure I am overplying, but I am hoping it comes out a bit when I wash and set it. I've heard that under spinning causes the yarn to be weak. I guess we'll see what happens when I am done.


This is what is left on the bobbins to be plied. I tried spinning the singles by weighing the roving and making it equal amounts. But one bobbin still looks like it has more than the other to me.

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Pretty colours. I think with spinning you just have to do it time and time again until you get an instinctive feel for how much twist and so on.

Unknown said...

Love the colors in that yarn. I have no clue how to separate them into equal lengths. Hope they end up even.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the colours.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous colours. I can't help with the spinning I've never done anything like that before.