Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday 7-13-11


Check out other WIP Wednesday Blogs by clicking the link above!

First up, Coriolis socks. These are in the New Pathways for Sock Knitters book by Cat Bordhi. I haven't got too much progress because I've been working on some other things this week, but there is more of a toe for the second sock than there was last week!


I am loving the new shawl patten I picked for the Bead-A-Long. I'm saving a picture of the knitting for the BAL post this Saturday, but here's a close up of the stockinette portion in the yarn I dyed.


I've been spinning!!! And I am improving a lot over when I first tried spinning several months ago.


Here's a close up of the singles. While it is still thick and thin in some places, its definitely getting more consistent than not. And now I can spin and draft without having to park and draft. Now I actually get going enough that the spindle reaches the floor!



Don't forget to join in my Yarn Give-Away until the 15th!!

18 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Those greens are beautiful - must be very exciting to knit up your own hand-dyed yarn!

Looks like your drop spindle spinning is also gaining momentum. I'd knit that without hesitation!

Alyssa said...

Wow! That green knits up beautifully!

pinkundine said...

Your spinning is looking fantastic :) Love the green colour too

Affiknitty said...

Your hand dyed yarn is very gorgeous, and it looks like you are doing great with your spinning skills!
Good luck with your Etsy shop! I love that "mermaid" color.

Sam Findlay said...

The colour for your shawl is beautiful!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Oooh that spinning!!! I love the colours so much! Beautiful!

Have a great week
x

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Your yarn looks great, I love playing with dying. Congrats on the spinning. I'm a novice who's spun only twice, but I've got to get back to it.

Florence said...

Love the color of your sock! I have been wanting to learn to spin. My ambition for my "later" years is to own sheep and make my own yarn. Would make dh very happy since I spend too much on yarn-in his opinion. :)

Wool Diaries said...

Love the socks they are right up my street.

As for spinning I take my hat off to you, I definitely don't have the patience to do that!

WildflowerWool said...

Love the colour of your toe up socks, the green you dyed for your shawl is amazing and the spinning is way better than my attempts!!

CraftyClare said...

beautiful spinning. I'd be tempted to leave it on spindle for decoration around the house as it very pretty x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous spinning! That yarn will be yummy.

geeky Heather said...

That greeeeeeen is beautiful!

kathy b said...

love how the black jumps out in those socks

Tami Klockau said...

LOVE THIS POST!!! It's so awesome to see yarn others have dyed knitted up!! It's gorgeous. Also, your spinning is great. I actually love thin to thick yarn. :)

Sheila said...

Love the colors in your socks. I just started knitting toe up socks a few weeks ago. I'm loving it so far. Take care.

Sandy said...

The colors your spinning are breathtaking...what are you going to make with it when you get it all spun?

Unknown said...

That green is very pretty. Great job with your spinning.