Friday, May 13, 2011

Searching for the Tardis

I found a pattern for Tardis Socks online. Kept them in my queue for a while, and I finally wanted to make them. So I was on the hunt for the perfect Tardis blue. Everything was not quite right, a little too dark (or a lot too dark in the case of the Navy I ordered from Knit Picks), a little off on the color, etc.


I was determined to get the perfect Tardis color in order to make these socks. At this point, because the pattern requires 72 stitches for the "Police Box" colorwork at the top, I cannot change the stitch count. I figured if I am going to spend extra time making these because there are extra stitches, I damn well better he happy with the end result. So the color, does in fact matter a lot.


No, this is not the exact color of the Tardis, but in my mind, its awfully close and its pretty cool. Technically its kettle dyed, with slight variations in the saturation of the color thoughout. Which is fine with me. It will lend character to the socks.


I can't wait to see it in daylight. At this time its 10:45pm. So ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 3:12 AM here and the blue looks FABULOUS!

Can't wait to see the socks!

Typstatting said...

That is a lovely blue and it is 5.55pm here!

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed! Looks great at 12:45pm here ;)

Sue said...

Tis looking fabulous @ 8.27pm here.

geeky Heather said...

Since it's 10:45 instead of midnight, I am sure it will be a HUGE SUCCESS! =D