Saturday, February 13, 2010

One ... of ... those ... days ...

Today was one of those days, where you drop things, shut cabinet doors on your foot, get your sleeve caught on something while walking through a room, start making something from a recipe to find you don't have all of the ingredients, but its already cooking so you continue with what you have, paint a door and wonder why its not drying right and notice that the can says flat when you thought it was satin ... one ... of ... those ... days! Not entirely catastrophic, but ultimately annoying to say the least! Then I think of those less fortunate, without a roof over their head, clean water to drink or freedom and think, wow you don't have it so bad now chicky do you?!??! Stop complaining!

Last night I went to a Ravelympics Cast On party. We watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics and had goodies to eat and sat a knit something until it was time to start new projects. The hostess had door prizes and every half hour or so she picked a name. Towards the end my name hadn't been picked yet and at the end I figured I didn't win anything because the prizes were out in boxes and there was only one left. She said there were only two names left and she was going to make an executive decision since one of the people was here with her sister and wasn't a knitter (she came to enjoy the company and was interested in learning to knit, but hadn't started yet). Well come to find out I won the BIG prize!



A sweater quantity of Rowan Big Wool in Forest Green!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the big win! So, what do you think the yarn will be?

As for my TOFUtsies --- so far, I'm the only person I know that HAS had problems with this yarn. :::shrug:::

I cast on this morning and there was a few more breaks. I've done about 30 rows and so far, no more. Maybe I'm over the worst of it.

Anita said...

GAH! I hate days like that, no fun.

What an awesome prize!! Lucky you! I can't wait to see what you make of it. :)