Friday, March 6, 2009

Finally Friday

Whew, its finally Friday and I am not working this weekend, so I get to do whatever I want and not lose my weekend to work. I created a podcast that will be available for download shortly. I recorded it tonight and did pretty well, it doesn't need much editing, I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to record an intro. I hope I get listeners ... otherwise what is the point ... if I want to talk to myself and have nobody hear me, I can do that perfectly well on my own without recording equipment, LOL!!

I really enjoy listening to podcasts. I take my mp3 player in my truck and listen while I am driving to and from work ... and sometimes at work if I have stuff to do that takes a long time. Although I notice for some reason people want to talk to me while I have ear buds in ... though if I don't ... nobody says a word to me, LOL!

Wednesday night I went to the local Knitters' Guild meeting and I am glad that I did. One of the women who works at my LYS is a member and she does the newsletter for the guild and she started sending it to me, which is very smart of her because it reminded me of when the meetings were and also because she took the time and though to send it to me it made me want to attend and also I am planning on joining myself. Guilds are a great resource, usually they have guest speakers at the monthly meetings who are authors, dyers, fiber company owners, etc.

I am working on finishing up my Quidditch Sweater. I am extremely pleased with how it is turning out. I am going to my LYS tomorrow, there is a group of us who meet on Saturday mornings to sit and knit and I haven't been in a while since we moved and I am busy working every other weekend. I am going to bring my sweater in case I need some help seaming it up.

I cast on the mate to my Coriolis sock tonight. I am really pleased with the first one and learned a lot from New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi - and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. This book is really phenomenal and a must have for any sock knitter.

1 comment:

Anita said...

The sweater is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished. :)