These are swatches 2 and 3, both I knit a second time. The original seed stitch came out too lose, which I think weird because typically I am a VERY tight knitter, but I think I tried to knit "nicely" and not in my usual aggressive fashion where I practically cut the circulation off in my yarn tensioning finger. Apparently you SHOULD do that for seed stitch ... this swatch is a whopping 1/2" less in width than the original.
I have also knit up swatches 4, 5 and 6 - Increases. I haven't blocked them yet. I only have so many pins and so much patience for blocking swatches. Those can sit while these ones dry.
I did learn an interesting tip while doing research. Elizabeth Zimmerman says to avoid that HUGE stitch at the end of the bind off row, knit the last two stitches together and bind then off. Works like a charm.
I am chipping away at the questions as they relate to each swatch I knit. I have also finished the first draft of my blocking report and done all the research, I just need to polish it up and add my insights and observations I have come to while blocking my swatches.