Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why .. why, why, why???


I don't like spiders.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I hate them.  Hate, with a capital H.  They find me, everywhere.  At work, at home, in the bathroom (the one above), when I am out and about.  They make homes in my truck.

I don't kill them, I believe that is bad juju.  But I really, really want them to get the hell away from me.  I do NOT want to find them in my shower.  Get in my truck in the morning and find webs everywhere ... then have one slide down a strand while I am driving and float at me from the passenger side.

After I see one, I get total heebee jeebees.  If a hair from my head brushes my neck or arm, I FREAK OUT.  I'm pretty good about not screaming and being a lunatic, but I'll jump and whack at myself and look to see if its a spider.  99% of the time, its not.

Recently a common house spider had babies in my yarn room window.  I had baby spiders all over the place.  Those I could deal with without being a raving lunatic.  They are so tiny, it really wasn't a big deal.  The SECOND time she had babies in the window, I had my husband evict her and all her baby kin.

The worst kind??  Those ones that JUMP instead of walk.  Those grey/white/black ones that never walk and just JUMP.  JUMPING spiders scare the bejesus out of me!

Since we moved into this house and its so close to the woods, I've gotten better and a little desensitized ... but I will NEVER like them.

4 comments:

Bets said...

Now that we have a new lighter colored carpet, I am noticing more things on it - like big spiders! I also will try to trap them and put them outside LOL

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I don't mind spiders. As a teen my bedroom was in a partially finished basement, i got real use to spiders. Now we have little white house spiders, I leave them alone, but Dave constantly squishes them!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I don't mind spiders ... we get lots of them because we're near water.

Anonymous said...

I usually don't mind spiders, but we had TWO huge wolf spiders in our rental car in Arizona. Man ... they are HUGE!!!!!

Hope your spider problems are over.