Saturday, July 3, 2010

Operation Stash Organization

Since its a long weekend and I am low on funds, I thought it would be a good idea to re-organize, catalog and pillage my stash. My stash isn't all over my house ... through no fault of my own. I have these great deterrents in my house that force me to refrain from leaving yarn, needles or other knitting paraphernalia all over my house ... they are called cats. Cats are thieving, conniving, devious little creatures who were put on this earth as the bane of the knitter's existence. Don't get me wrong, not all of these creatures are of this sort. I've had the pleasure of living with some who had only one concern when I was knitting ... to sit on my lap and be in the way.

Now, if you have your own knitting room like I do and use this space as sanctuary from the evil creatures, beware .. I told you they are devious. While you sit in your sanctuary for peace and try to pray to the Knitting Goddess, they will come and attempt to foil your plans. While scratching on the door and screeching, you may think, oh poor creature you must be in pain to screech that loudly, you must be in great need of comfort ... do not fall for it ... do NOT open the door whatever you do. They often work in tandem. One will distract while the other one (and sometimes two) will succeed in accomplishing their devious plan.

On to stash organization. I've got tubs, I've got baskets, I've got bookcases. I've got patterns and queues ... all of which are in no particular way, shape or form connected. My plan is this - to connect the dots. I'm going to go through my stash and catalog yarn and patterns and make some sense of it, wish me luck. If I do not return you know what my fate has become ... I am down in the basement room with the tubs of yarn and I have been a victim of a yarn avalanche. If this is the case, please send the aforementioned evil creatures down there ... they may not attempt to rescue me, but once they are done destroying the pile of stash I am buried under I may find a route of escape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck ----

Sweet pictures of the kitties.