Sunday, April 25, 2010

Turkeys, Pansies and Cricuts ... Oh My!

Work has been interesting to say the least ... I don't even want to talk about it since its Sunday and I am not there so no dwelling.

Thursday morning we had a lone wild turkey in the backyard. I tried to get a picture while she (I am guessing it was a she) was eating from the small tray we leave for the squirells, but by the time I got the camera she was walking back into the woods.



I get pansies every Spring to plant in pots and hanging boxes around the house. The number of colors that voilas and pansies come in is amazing. It is getting harder and harder evey year to leave the nursery without breaking the bank. Sometimes pansies seed themselves and come back the next year. This lone one showed up near where some pots were sitting last year.



For Christmas my mom got me a Cricut die cutting machine. It rocks! I just tried it out yesterday (yeah I know its been sitting in the box for that long) and it really is awesome. I didn't have any particular project in mind so I started by testing out the cutting of a butterfly. Then thought, hey, I can make Mother's Day cards with this and after a few hours had these done:

1 comment:

Anita said...

I love pansies, they're so happy looking. And your cards came out awesome!