Friday, October 2, 2009

Its getting chilly outside!

Its October here in New England and although they were there, I didn't see the signs coming. The leaves have been slowing changing color. Halloween is my favorite holiday and my birthday is in October ... I'll be the big 30 this year!

I think I got out of my sock knitting rut. I finished a pair this month. They are a little loose, but wearable. I can't figure how I get some to fit excellently with 64 stitches, then another too loose. One fits great with 60 stitches and another ... too tight. Can't quite figure it.

Going to cast on another pair today with the yarn I dyed myself at last month's Knitters Guild meeting. The owner from The Yarn & Fiber Co came and instructed us on how to dye sock yarn.



It was very cool. I went with the dipping method. We had plastic cups to mix dye colors in (we were only given red, yellow, blue, hot pink ... and I thought one other color, but I can't think of it right now). It was so awesome. So much fun. I am very pleased with my results having never dyed yarn before.

I am going to cast on the yellow/pink/orange skein today. Ia m thinking of going with Leyburn, its a stranded pattern that works well with hand dyed yarns.

No comments: